Translate

Saturday, June 20, 2015

George Hodson Triplett

George Hodson Triplett is one of my "problem" ancestors; some call them "brick wall" ancestors. I can not yet confirm his parentage, but I am under the assumption that his parents are Thomas Triplett and Elizabeth Hedgeman Triplett.
George Hodson Triplett
Photo provided by Thomas Cardenas
Despite not knowing George's parents, I do know George was born about 1793 in Tennessee. I know George married Elizabeth Ida Link, presumably sometime before 1821. I also know that in 1850, George and Ida were living in Ozark, Greene County, Missouri. In 1860 and 1870, the couple were living in Marshfield, Ozark, Webster County, Missouri. I also know George was a farmer.
Clipping from 1850 Census
I also can't prove George's children. I assume he is the father of my fourth great-grandfather, John Marion Triplett, but I have no concrete evidence. I am hoping this post will help me figure out more about him or help other Triplett researchers find me.

Please, if you know anything about this family, please send me a message or comment on this post.

Sources:
  • 1850 Ozark, Greene, Missouri U.S. Federal Census (accessed on Ancestry)
  • 1860 Marshfield, Ozark, Webster, Missouri U.S. Federal Census (accessed on Ancestry)
  • 1870 Marshfield, Ozark, Webster, Missouri U.S. Federal Census (accessed on Ancestry)

No comments:

Post a Comment